NOTE: For Missouri or Kansas authors in specific counties, see below or download the PDF.
C A L L T O L O C A L A U T H O R S
Nominations for the 40th Annual Thorpe Menn Literary Excellence Award Now Being Accepted
Thorpe Menn Literary Excellence Award nominations will be accepted until May 1, 2018. The award, presented by the American Association of University Women-Kansas City Branch and the Kansas City Public Library, is presented to a local author in recognition for their excellence in writing. The award will be presented at a luncheon in October 2018 at the Central Library and includes a $500 check, certificate of recognition, and listing on the library’s website
- Nominated materials must be received no later than May 1, 2018.
- Nominations may be published works of fiction, non-fiction, children’s books or poetry. Text books, guide books, and how-to manuals are not eligible. Blogs and compilations of blogs are considered pre-published and are not eligible to be considered for the Thorpe Menn Award. Previous first-place winners are not eligible.
- Nominated authors must reside in the greater Kansas City area – Jackson, Cass, Clay, Lafayette and Platte counties in Missouri, and Johnson, Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties in Kansas.
- All nominations must be initially published in 2017.
- Two (2) copies of the nominated book must be submitted to the address below or an eBook must be submitted to the email below.
- EBooks must be submitted in PDF (Portable Document Format) format only. Judges must be able to view your eBook on any device, print it, and make a backup copy. EBooks must not contain any DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection. If the eBook is sold in DRM format only, most publishers will be able to provide a non-DRM file for use in a judging competition. If the publisher is not able to provide a non-DRM format, many formats can be converted to a PDF using free conversion software available online.
- All submissions must include a contact name, mailing address, email, and telephone number.
Two copies of the nominated printed book should be submitted to:
Thorpe Menn Nominations
Attn: Jane McClain
P.O. Box 8831
Kansas City, MO 64114
EBook nominated files should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call Jane McClain at (816) 444-2152 or email email@example.com.
Kansas City Branch Library